Nutella is one of those product items that never live long if taken home from a supermarket. Those who buy Nutella usually start eating it immediately spread on a cake, or just with the help of a spoon.
Still, the baked cupcakes with Nutella filling are well worth it, too, especially with silky-gentle Swiss meringue buttercream. It won’t take too much of your time to prepare these chocolate rich, moist and, at the same time, firm cupcakes. They are really yummy and you’ll like them at once.
- 100 g, or 1/2 cup of natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 118 ml, 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 57 g, or 2 ounces of your favorite milk chocolate. Chop it beforehand
- 132 g, or 1 and 1/3 cups of cake flour
- 118 ml, or 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 100 g, or 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4.3 g, or 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2.1 g, or 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 133 g, or 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 118 ml, or 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 5 ml or 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Filling (Nutella Cream Ingredients):
- 90 g, or 1/2 cup of Nutella (actually, any chocolate or hazelnut spread will do)
- 240 ml, or 1 cup of well whipped cream
Nutella Swiss Meringue Butter Cream Ingredients:
- 5 egg whites
- 290, or 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- 345 g, or 1 and 1/2 cups of butter, slightly softened
- 10 ml, or 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 g, or 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 120 g, or 2/3 cup of Nutella chocolate spread
How to Cook
- Put rack in the center of your oven.
- Preheat it up to 350°F.
- Prepare some cupcake tins with paper liners inside it.
- Take a medium bowl and combine milk chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Add boiling water over and whisk it until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add buttermilk and then whisk the mixture.
- Take another bowl and whisk flour, salt and baking soda in it.
- Using a mixer, beat both kinds of sugar, egg, oil and vanilla until it becomes well blended.
- Add cocoa mixtures and flour; beat until it blended. Divide batter between your pans.
- Bake cakes for 15-20 minutes until tester inserted into the center has got some crumbs attached.
- Cool in pans on the racks for about 5 minutes.
- Let it cool before you fill them with Nutella cream.
- Beat with a mixer your cold whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks.
- Put Nutella in a bowl, and stir (or fold ) 1/4 cup of whipping cream into Nutella cream.
- Carefully fold Nutella mixture into the rest of whipped cream mixture, so that you have it light and somewhat fluffy.
- Use a spoon to place the cream into a piping bag and add to your cupcake a filling.
- Put some water to a rolling boil on the top of the stove in a spacious saucepan so that the bowl of your stand mixer is placed on top of your saucepan without dissolving into the boiling water.
- Whisk whites of 2 eggs and sugar with your mixer. Put over rolling water and whisk thoroughly until the sugar is completely dissolved and there are no grains of sugar felt between your fingers.
- Having dissolving the sugar, immediately put the bowl to stand mixer and whisk (medium high speed) until the eggs make stiff peaks.
- Till the mixture in the bowl has been cooled to room temperature.
- Switch to the paddle attachment mode and add 2 pieces of butter at a time.
- Keep on beating your mixture until it starts forming a silky frosting. If the mixture is quite runny or curdles, don’t panic – go on beating. This process can take up to 15 minutes at the most.
- Add salt and vanilla and beat a little to combine the ingredients.
- Remove your bowl, and with the help of a large spatula fold the Nutella into the frosting and swirl the Nutella into your butter cream.
- Put the frosting into a large piping bag with the help of spoon. Frost and garnish if you wish. Ferrero Rocher candy will suit just perfectly.
No related posts.